Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

My 3 little munchkins are counting down the days! Well, not Carson, he doesn't really care. But the tree is pretty cool to pick decorations off of. He just had his first birthday 2 weeks ago. We had some family over for cake. Carson was not interested in his presents at all so Leah got to open them all. Teeth #4,5 +6 are coming through which has made for a fairly miserable week for him.

Last week we all caught a GI bug, starting with me. I am on a mission to inform the world that a "flu" is not puking/diarrhea, that is a gastro intestinal issue. "Influenza" is to do with your respiratory system-- coughing, fever, sore throat, similar to a cold. It's actually my pharmacist's mission, but I am happy to help her out. :) Anyway, I digress. We were all sick. It was awful. We all got it within one day of each other. My parents too, and friends, and brothers and SIL's too. I am thankful that it's over before Christmas, and Cam is thankful that he lost 7lbs.

We had our first get together with Cam's family last weekend. I happily introduced Dutch Blitz to my niece Alysha. None of them had ever even heard of it. Wierd. Christmas Eve will be at my parents place and we're having homemade pizza this year. Weather permitting we will also go tobogganing. Christmas Day is at Margo & Danny's--might also try to slip in some ice fishing once Cam opens up his present :) Boxing Day is my 30th birthday! Warren arrives that day too.

Leah has announced to Cam and I what we're getting for Christmas this year. haha We knew we shouldn't trust her with that kind of info. I'm getting a ring, which isn't actually a surprise. I have been begging for one ever since I lost my wedding band. Cam tricks her into it--he told her that if he got ice fishing gear for Christmas he would take her out on the lake--she started jumping up and down cheering! This all stresses Kelsey out. She tries so hard to cover it up, but to no avail.

I finished the Twilight series- I loved it. Also read "The Wedding" by Nicholas Sparks, it was good. I think I'll read more of his books. Currently I am reading "Monster" by Frank Peretti.
In 3 weeks I'm finally on chapter 3. It's very intense, which I like, but I'm having trouble getting into it. Any book suggestions would be welcomed.
Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Jenn & Wade said...

Your kids are so cute, and sounds like you are all doing well.
I totally recommend Nicholas Sparkes books....I pretty much devour them when I get them. His last one I got from the library in the early afternoon and had finished it by 2AM (taking care of kids and fixing dinner in between) I love all his books but probably favorites where, The Choice, the Lucky One, A Bend in the Road.....oh my gosh, just say all of them.=)

heidi said...

wow, busy week for you guys! i had to laugh at cam being happy to lose 7lbs while sick. that sounds like something i'd say :)

as for book recommendations, ANYTHING by elizabeth berg. she is fantastic. not too heavy, but not fluffy either. i've read everything by her. i read monster too and found it intense like you said and difficult to picture, especially further in. it wasn't my favorite frank peretti book, but it wasn't bad.

merry christmas!

ray ban wayfarer said...

anthony jersey
j.r. smith jersey
chandler jersey

Able children of female members of the family who married into humbler stocks were granted the name of the maternal family. New-comers into the bureaucracy were subtly influenced by the prestige of the old families, imitating their manners and ideas, and seeking to gather similar prestige for their own family names.