Sunday, May 23, 2010

The most boringest long weekend ever!

Cam is on a temporary new shift at work which is 6am-6pm, 6 days a week. We're actually grateful for this because it'll produce some nice paychecks, and this big job should last right up until we leave for New Brunswick. It'll really reduce the stress for Cam of missing work for a week.
Anyway, he had to work this whole weekend, even today (Sunday). Not helping matters, we got a hefty 10cm of snow on Friday, which has chosen to linger and make us even more bored cuz we have to stay indoors. Thankfully, Jeff picked up the girls and took them to the new Shrek movie, while I've been sitting here watching movies online....and sweet Carson is sleeping.
Tomorrow is Victoria Day, and since Cam has the day off, we have a day of quadding planned with Jeff and his girls. We want to make the most of his day off! All this recent snow will make for much mud, I'm sure!

Leah's dance recital is next weekend. They're dancing to "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid. Her outfit is soo cute, I'll be sure to post a pic. There will be a pro taking photos next week at the rehearsal, I'll see how pricey that is. Cam said I just have to take my own pic :)

Carson has just changed into a little man. I can't help but always smile at everything he's doing, even when it's trouble. He's such a charmer. Here's some of his vocabulary: Leah, Kelsey, puppy, cup, bubba(bottle), please, thank-you, cat, meow, and many more small things. Just very recently he's starting to (try) to repeat almost anything we say. Except animal sounds(well, he does cat and dog). He just won't do it. Maybe it's beneath him. He likes to sweep and mop, and clean the toilets. And he loves to brush his teeth, by himself.

I can't believe Kelsey's almost done Kindergarten! Her grad is June 3rd. She is excelling at reading. I'm so proud of her. The other day I found her sitting on her bed reading a random book she had picked off her shelf. She just turned 6, and Leah just turned 4. Apparently 4 years olds (this one, anyway) start their sentences with "Didn't you know...____??" But it sounds like din't-cha know? Mom, din't cha know I like spaghetti with butter and parmesan on it? That kind of thing.

Carson is waking up... I'm so glad I don't have to make supper tonight. My student from Japan, Yuka, is making something that has egg, cabbage, shrimp, oil and powder. haha I think she means flour? I guess we'll see.

I signed up for cable since they were offering a great 12 month promotion. Unfortunately it doesn't get hooked up until Wednesday. The Lost series finale is tonight!! Oh well..we'll just watch that online too.

5 comments:

lil said...

Welcome back after exactly 5 months of silence on your blog!!!!!!!!!!1
I can't believe you had snow. That's not fun!! We didn't do much for our long weekend, Memorial Day. It's a bit different than the CAD holiday. But it made for a short week. :)
Kaiser's BIG number ONE b'day is on Monday, and Mark's mom, sis, brother and sister-in-law are coming!! Check my blog for pics!

Fe d e rico Zarathustra said...

Gato

Not So Simply Single said...

I just love the picture of this kitty...I love kitties...three, I have three babies that I consider the best little things in the world!

tony Ha said...

happy family, lucky man!!!

ray ban wayfarer said...

anthony jersey
j.r. smith jersey
chandler jersey

Certain family names became labels promising bureaucratic ability. The prouder families guarded their names very jealously. Members who failed to come up to the family’s high standard of ability were deprived of the family name.