Sunday, September 13, 2009

Who needs sleep? Well you're never gonna get it...

Those are lyrics to a song by one of my favourite bands- the Barenaked Ladies. And it's also the theme of my life. The last week reminds me of Carson's first week of life, he can barely go 2hrs without crying in the night. Often every 45 min. I'm slowly going crazy, and I'm getting better at just ignoring it, because at this point there's nothing else to do. So while I'm still waking up several times, at least I'm not getting up several times. It's not a blood curdling scream, just a sleepy wail. Actually the last 2 nights were a tiny bit better. I'm trying to look at it from a positive perspective. Some people have ALL there babies do this. Thankfully, this is my first experience. He's very happy in the day, especially since he's cruising. He quietly makes his way around the house exploring. The bathroom is definitely one of his favourite spots as of late. Loves pulling the toilet paper and playing in the water. Trying to teach the girls to keep the door shut.

No renters downstairs yet. Cam and I were seriously considering selling the house last week, and we were actually excited about downsizing. I called the bank because I knew there would be a fee for getting out of our 5 yr mortgage too soon. Turns out the penalty is $26, 675. Ridiculous, almost humorous! No thanks. We'll stay here. I'm enjoying the freedom of the house to ourselves for the moment, too. We're just budgeting more carefully, at least until January when we should have some students!

Kelsey starts Kindergarten in 2 days. Is that word German? What does it even mean? It just looks so silly now that I'm staring at it and repeating it in my head. She'll be all decked out in her Disney princess backpack along with all the princess accessories.
Leah is in preschool 1 day/week, and also ballet/tap lessons 1/week. Kelsey is expressing a lot of interest in gymnastics. I might register her in the next session after Christmas.

I'll add some pictures to show what else we've been up to. I want to get to bed and continue reading "Twilight". I'm hooked.

No comments: