Thursday, September 03, 2009

Oh hungry?

I think I may have found something that makes Carson sleep better. It has worked twice now, but I know that doesn't warrant it as "fixed". I've been feeding him more before bed, a banana, or cereal, on top of his bottle. Seems so simple, I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. I also just feed him more altogether throughout the day. He is one hungry, growing boy. Anyway, he has had 2 really good nights, not needing to feed again until 7am. He still wakes up, but I've been ignoring him, and he usually falls back asleep within a couple minutes. Last night he was very upset at 3am, I couldn't ignore it, so I gave him his soother and he was out til 7am. This is improvement. I hope he'll sleep through the night soon. Oh, and he also has his first tooth, FINALLY! I'm sure it helps to have that pesky pain out of the way.

We're all fighting some kind of mild flu/cold around here, even the renter. I took Leah to the doctor on Monday because her gums have been red and swollen since Saturday, fevering, and sores on her tongue. She couldn't eat, definitely couldn't brush her sensitive teeth/gums. Turns out to be a good ol' case of herpes simplex. Her first outbreak of coldsores, and it should be the worst one. Poor kid. To know that she'll suffer from that like me ( I get canker sores a lot, especially from stress), I feel for her. Doc gave her an anti-viral and it's almost healed.

We're in transition. Only 1 girl living downstairs at the moment, and she's leaving in 2 days. I've had an ad out looking for renters but there's barely a response! Sometimes we really regret moving into this house. It was a bit of a rushed decision (our realtor had made a BIG mistake by making us sign off the papers to our old house, guaranteeing us that our offer had gone through on a different one. But it hadn't. Now there was a bid war, and we lost, and we had to be out of our house in 3 weeks). So we bought this house and we love it, but it's at the top end of what we can afford. 3 weeks after moving in, Cam gets laid off from his job at Points North, going back to ArcTech, thankfully!, but also back to $1000 less per month. So now we do rely on renters to keep us in this house. We've been blessed to be in connection with Maple Education, who has been supplying us with Nigerian students, even 3 at a time. But right now, they don't have enough students to share with us:) Can we hold out til January (when there will be students), should we sell and downsize, wait for a renter? These are the options. We're praying about it. Last night I got a reply from a female teacher from Kelowna needing a room to rent, which is an answer to prayer.

The kids are all up now, and impatiently waiting for breakfast. Here goes another day.

1 comment:

lil said...

Wow, I pray you will have a renter soon!! You are good people to live with, I'm sure!!
Yeah, that cold sore stuff is in the Neufeld blood. I get them also, when I'm stressed, and I don't even think I'm stressed!!
I've heard of putting pablum/rice cereal in the milk bottle just before a baby goes to sleep. The nipple will have to have a bit bigger hole in it, but that way he's 'eating' before he goes to sleep. :)