Thursday, June 11, 2009

Update



Summer has finally arrived in Fort St John! This has been a beautiful, hot week. Time to whip out the ol' pool and start running through the sprinkler.

Some highlights of the past month:
Kelsey learned to ride her bike without training wheels--big achievement. She is so excited! We've gone on a couple fairly long rides as a family and she keeps up well.

Cam surprised me with a new grill for our barbeque. Not a new barbeque, just the grill that is placed inside. Our old one was totally charred and left gritty yucky things on our food, so he built us a new one at work. It is shiny stainless steel. The picture does it no justice. He is so talented and creative. Can you tell what it says?



Carson is 6 months. I can hardly believe it. He has really changed recently--he's starting to show me how busy he'll be. He can't quite sit up, only for a very short time before toppling over. Lunges for everything infront of him and shoves it in his mouth. I find that he can't sit still. Even when I'm holding him, he's constantly squirming or reaching for something. He's been sleeping really well too. We've got a great routine going (I hate writing this in fear that it will change). He sleeps from around 8pm-6-6:30am, then has a quick feed and back to sleep for a couple more hours. I feel so great. I sleep in as long as I can and as often as I can. Here's his 6 month picture. Looking back, I notice that Leah seems to show up every time for some of the shots. Carson seems to enjoy it.





I guess this was more of a picture blog, but there's not much news here. Cam is working late tonight, (which we're thankful for) and I'm having a couple girlfriends over to watch a movie.
Oh I forgot to mention that Cam's brother is letting us "store" his Bowflex here. We're really excited to be able to work out at home together. So far, so good. We've done a few now and haven't lost our motivation yet :) I hear Carson babbling in his crib, gotta run.

3 comments:

Jenn & Wade said...

Great post! Enjoyed all the pictures. Great job to Cam....looks very professional and very personalized! I wish we had summer here, the kids cannot wait to play in the pool, we've had rotten cold weather here the last like 3 weeks. Carson is getting so big and he's a cutey!!

lil said...

Great pictures!! Leah looks very happy to be in the pictures. :)

Naomi said...

Such a cool grill. Your hubby is very talented. I can't believe that you guys have summer before we do. What is going on?
It's always fun to see your family, Bonnie. Your girls are lovely and you can tell they are enchanted with their handsome brother.
Ben the little guy I watch is crawling and loves putting things in his mouth. The mouth stage always stresses me out.
Glad you are getting sleep.