Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Battle of the bulge

I'm sitting in bed blogging, with 2 sick children, and not feeling so great myself. I had a horrible night last night! Mistake #1, I stayed up reading "Eclipse" until 1:30am. Actually, I finished it. It was intense enough that I was not feeling drowsy. I hate to admit how much I love this Twilight series. I don't want to join the millions of teenage girls all bubbling about this vampire love story, but I can't help it! I'm hooked. It makes me feel a bit better knowing quite a few "ladies", and even some men that enjoy it too :) Of course, Carson and Leah were intermittently getting up through the night, needing Advil and back rubs. By 3am I think I started to drift off. At 5:56 I was woke abruptly by Carson crying, and then I had insomnia again, so I never did get back to sleep.

Cam and I had a wonderful time in San Diego for my shareholders conference. The week consisted of one 3hr shareholders meeting, and the rest was just pure fun. All the meals were provided, the food was amazing! The wine flowed freely. Our highlights were doing a bike tour on Coronado Island, eating at Candela's there, touring the USS Midway, going to Balboa Park and the zoo. Yes, we did all the touristy things. It was so fun to get away, just the 2 of us. I got to meet up with my cousin Heidi and her boys at the zoo for a bit. It was nice to catch up. Another highlight was staying at the Fairmont in Vancouver on our way home. It happened to be Thanksgiving Sunday, so we ate at the restaurant there and indulged in the Thanksgiving special. It was $55/plate for a turkey dinner! (I'm getting reimbursed from my store). It was delicious...definitely not worth $55 but that made it so much more fun. Oh, and as we're sitting there, at the table next to us is 3 other girls from FSJ. Kinda wierd.

Now I'm going to vent for a minute. I'm really battling with the "last 10 lbs" this time. I'm annoyed with myself. Both times when I quit nursing my girls, I gained 7lbs over a period of a few months. I hated this, but I just cured it by getting pregnant again, and eventually the flabby gut would turn into a hard basketball, and I felt much better. This time, I am on the same track. I weaned Carson in July and I'm gradually gaining weight. My jelly belly is very embarrassing. I do not want to ever be pregnant again, so now I've got to work hard to fix this! I have no willpower when it comes to good food. When I say "good" I mean tasty, as in burgers and fries. And I eat more than necessary. So my goal is to work on portion control, and exercise. I'll try to get on my elliptical trainer more consistently. I think I need to snack more too. For me, if I get too hungry, I really crave greasy food. So a healthy snack between meals is what I'll try. Overall I'd say I eat pretty healthy, but Cam and I definitely give in to our cravings too often. And no more going on holidays with free food and wine. Not good for the body!

Better late than never, I've posted Carson's 10 month picture. He is walking well now. Just about impossible to get him to lay on his blanket, which is why my leg is holding him down! Such a fun little guy.

3 comments:

heidi said...

what are you talking about "bulge"???!! when i saw you i thought you looked FANTASTIC! i remember thinking "wow, bonnie is so fit after having 3 kids, she must just shed pounds so quickly, lucky girl" seriously!

glad you had a nice time at the fairmont and that your whole trip down here was fun. it was great catching up with you! :)

Jenn & Wade said...

Thanks for the smile....I am totally in the same boat with you! So irritating and no it's not going to be 'firmed' up with a pregnancy....definatly having to work a lot at it!
Your Vacation sounds and looked like so much fun, glad you two got to have the trip together.

ray ban wayfarer said...

anthony jersey
j.r. smith jersey
chandler jersey

But there came a time when people began to murmur that the bureaucrats were becoming rather self-important and meddlesome. No one denied that their rule was in the main efficient and honest,