Sunday, August 09, 2009

This too shall pass....right?

Man, Carson has been really grumpy lately! I've been saying it must be teething for the past 2 months, and still no teeth! Last week he was fevering for 4 days, had diarrhea, and now has a horrid diaper rash that's not going away. I guess that's something legit to whine about. My pharmacist suggested using an anti-fungal cream, since it's likely a "yeasty" rash. I'm trying that now, so hopefully it improves. Poor guy. But other than that, he's just generally unhappy when he's awake. He follows me around the house whining/crying. Doesn't like to be left alone, or even out of sight. At night he has been waking up every 1.5-2hrs. I just go pop his soother back in his mouth and he's good for another short stint, and I repeat. I don't feed him until after 5 or 6am. I'm glad he always goes back to sleep, but when I get up that often, I'm just not getting sufficient rest. The last few nights, I haven't been able to get back to sleep. He was sleeping through the night a few months ago....what gives? In this respect, my girls were much easier. They were much more content. However, when we're uptown or visiting someone, he's very happy. Maybe he hates our house.
He is fully weaned now, and today he is 8 months! I forgot to take his monthly picture, maybe tomorrow.

We went down to Whiterock for our vacation this year and had a fabulous time! Yikes, was it ever hot. I loved every minute (except for trying to sleep with no a/c). It was far too hot for Cam, he was always seeking out shade. Kelsey and Leah were like that too...actually whining about the sun. ha. Not me. We spent quite a bit of time at the beach, and I got some great shopping in! Spent a day at Stanley Park with the kids. There was a 2.5hr wait to get into the aquarium, which doesn't fly with 3 kids, so we took them on the miniature train instead, and to the spray park. Was a big hit....and cheaper too :) Our friend Brennan and his girlfriend Kirsten were great hosts. She has a 4 yr old son, Dougie, who the girls had a lot of fun with. We also went over the the island for 2 nights in Nanaimo. Some friends from FSJ were there, staying with their dad, so we got to stay with them.

I'm the proud auntie of a new nephew, Samuel Christopher. A real cutie. I'm having a shower for Hannah here next weekend.

1 comment:

heidi said...

that sounds like such a nightmare with carson. i wonder if its his separation anxiety at an all time high? i remember reading that it can get so bad with some kids that it will wake them up because they're afraid when they can't see you. hope you find something that works soon.